- Higher differential of vehicle speeds in traffic flow increases the risk of an accident and speed limiters cause speed variance.
- The frequency of interactions by a vehicle traveling 10-miles per hour below the posted speed limit is 227% higher than a vehicle moving at traffic speed.
- The American Trucking Associations (ATA) petitioned the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to impose a speed limiter mandate that would restrict all heavy-duty trucks to a single top speed across the country
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
WHAT’S THE SOLUTION?
- The Deregulating Restrictions on Interstate Vehicles and Eighteen-Wheelers (DRIVE) Act (H.R. 3039) would prohibit FMCSA from implementing regulations mandating the use of speed limiters on heavy-duty trucks
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Congressman Josh Brecheen Introduces The DRIVE Act To Protect Ranchers, Farmers, and Truckers from FMCSA Overreach
- ATA’s speed limiter stance – is it really about safety?
- Speed limiter fight heating up – where does everyone stand?
- Truckers deliver loads of opposition to speed limiters
- Speed Limiting Heavy Trucks: Dangerous For ALL Motorists