Helping Truckers take action and tell their story to Lawmakers
- FHWA Announces Truck Parking Coalition Meeting for September 30thThe National Coalition on Truck Parking will hold a meeting later this month to discuss ongoing efforts to address the truck parking shortage.
- H.R. 7517, The Guaranteeing Overtime For Truckers Act Introduced in CongressA bipartisan bill backed by OOIDA would reverse a longstanding law that prevents truck drivers from receiving overtime pay.
- Robin Hutcheson Nominated as FMCSA AdministratorPresident Joe Biden has selected Robin Hutcheson to be the next permanent leader of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- White House Releases Action Plan to Strengthen America’s Trucking WorkforceOn December 16th, the White House released an Action Plan to Strengthen America’s Trucking Workforce. The Plan outlines various policies designed to attract and properly train the next generation of truck drivers.
- Groundbreaking Truck Parking Legislation Reintroduced in CongressA bipartisan group of U.S. Representatives have reintroduced H.R. 2187, the Truck Parking Safety Improvement Act (formerly known as H.R. 6-10-4). The legislation would allocate hundreds of millions of dollars to expand truck parking capacity.
Support H.R. 7517
Contact Your Lawmaker Today! Ask your Representative to cosponsor H.R. 7517, the Guaranteeing Overtime for Truckers Act, which would help truckers get fairly compensated for all the time they work.
How to Contact Your Lawmakers
Lawmakers can’t address your concerns if they don’t know what they are. Your job is to clue them in. Here’s a simple guide on how to do it.
OOIDA Press Releases
JOIN OOIDA TODAY
The number of members in the Association allows OOIDA to continue representing the nation’s small business truckers. Our large membership gives us the financial depth to hang on for the long haul in court cases. Our large membership gives us ‘weight’ when it comes time to let Washington, D.C., know how truckers feel about their industry.