Helping Truckers take action and tell their story to Lawmakers
- FMCSA Announces More Details About Broker Transparency RulemakingA proposal to improve broker transparency in the trucking industry could be released sometime this summer.
- OOIDA Testifies at U.S. House Transportation Committee Supply Chain HearingOn May 10, OOIDA Executive Vice President Lewie Pugh testified before the U.S. House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee.
- OOIDA Supports Anti-Speed Limiter Legislation Introduced in CongressHR 3039 would prohibit the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration from promulgating any rule or regulation mandating speed limiters.
- Truck Parking Safety Improvement Act Re-IntroducedH.R. 2367/S. 1034 will allocate $755 million over three years to the construction of parking spots.
- Senator Deb Fischer Leads Charge to Overturn EPA rule on TrucksSen. Deb Fischer, R-Neb., is leading a charge to stop the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s NOx emission rulemaking for heavy-duty trucks.
OOIDA Celebrates 50 Years!
Since 1973, OOIDA has fought to defend the rights of truckers and advocate on their behalf in Washington DC, at the state level and in the courts. 2023 marks 50 years of dedication to this mission.
How to Contact Your Lawmakers
Lawmakers can’t address your concerns if they don’t know what they are. Your job is to clue them in. Here’s a simple guide on how to do it.
OOIDA Press Releases
JOIN OOIDA TODAY
The number of members in the Association allows OOIDA to continue representing the nation’s small business truckers. Our large membership gives us the financial depth to hang on for the long haul in court cases. Our large membership gives us ‘weight’ when it comes time to let Washington, D.C., know how truckers feel about their industry.